Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top 14 Polishes of '14

Whoops, it's been nearly a year since I posted.  Oh well.  Not that much has changed.  Dex has a new job where he doesn't have to work graves anymore-so that's awesome.  Everything else is the same.

So this is silly, but this has been the year of the nail polish obsession.  It was riduculous how much I loved nail polish this year.  Dex had to put me on a polish budget to keep me in check.  Anyway, I wanted to share my picks of the top polishes from this year.  These all were released during 2014, so most are still available (except for the indies).  Here are, in no particular order, the top 14 of '14:

Zoya Ling
I love this blue.  It is nearly a 1 coater polish with vivid color that is bright, but not quite neon.  It's stunning on pale skin and is the perfect ocean blue shade.

OPI Kermit Me to Speak

This is a lovely gold-lavender duochrome.  The color shift is amazing!  Because it changes colors, it's just a little wild, but the gold makes it office appropriate.

Zoya Sansa
This is a dark purple with a gold fleck and it is stunning.  It looks like royalty on your nails.

Superchic Nail Lacquer You Don't Know Jack About My Beans
Picture Source

This one is a artichoke green with holographic glitter and a very strong copper shimmer throughout it.  It is wild and very unique.  I love all the dimension in this one.

OPI Green on the Runway

This color is supposedly inspired by Sprite, but I don't see it.  It is a reddish-brown, emerald duochrome.  It's super metallic and vivid.  The color shift is astounding on this one.

OPI Christmas Gone Plaid

This is a forest green.  It almost looks black, but is noticibly green in all lighting.  I love this winter color!

Hare Polish the Hill Abduction

This one is probably my favorite of the year, but it's also the hardest to get your hands on. (Sorry!)  It's based on an alien abduction and has holographic green, metallic blue, and matte lime green glitters in a greyish teal base.  It's very strange and yet breathtaking-just like aliens maybe?

China Glaze Boundary of Memory
Picture Source

This one is a stunning opaque glitter that is black, silver, and dark brown.  It sounds weird but looks stunning as an accent nail.

OPI I Sao Paulo Over There
This one is a 1-coater subtle taupe that is simple and classy with any outfit.

Zoya Yuna
Stony grey with a gold shimmer, Yuna is a one-of-a-kind color combo.  When I wore this, I couldn't stop staring at my nails.  It's such a unique and elegant color.

Hare Polish When the Melting Clock Strikes Midnight

This one is brand new because it was released for New Year's Eve (and yes, it is what I'm rocking tonight).  It is subtle because it is in a white base with blue, maroon, and gold flakes in it.  It looks like granite or marble on your nails.

Pipe Dream Polish Empyrean

I had a small medical procedure this year.  They didn't put me under for it so I wore this to distract me from the pain.  It did the job.  This stunner is so complex that you could study it for hours and not see all the colors in it.


Zoya Rocha
Is it red or is it orange?  I'm not sure, but Rocha is a fiery color that got me a lot of compliments. 

OPI Live Love Carnival

This is a pink-leaning coral that just screams summer.  It's bright and playful.

There you go.  All the pictures came from the companies' websites unless otherwise noted.  Any other nail polish addicts out there?

Websites:

No comments:

Post a Comment